Wednesday, August 27, 2014

At Long Last… and a Video too!

 Finally… at long last… woo hoo!
Thank-you, thank-you, everyone... for being patient with me.
 This is the second installment of my blog series… 
step by step watercolor.
In my last post, I had shared a bit about what kind of materials 
I like to use when painting my watercolor sketches, 
as well as a bit about my palette. 
I mentioned that I would do a colorful veggie sketch...
but actually was inspired by this lovely bunch of flowers I found 
at the Ballard Farmers Market, while visiting Seattle.
(No worries...I'll definitely do a veggie sketch on another post.)

I decided to put a little video together, so you'd have 
a true step by step experience.
The biggest take away I believe, will be 
the way I like to use my color wet into wet,
 and glaze over color, 
both, when wet & dry.
Many have asked me how I get such vibrant color…
I do believe it's the combination of mixing paint,
 to create great color
(not straight from the tube all the time)
as well as layering, 
one on top of another.
And of course, leaving some sparkling white of the paper 
to keep those little shimmers of highlight, on your subject.

Here's a little
step by step...
Take a peek and see what you think…



The sketch in this video is done in my Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook ...
a perfect paper for watercolor and glazing.

Next post will be another glazing process- maybe veggies… 
then we'll roll into some how to's... of the script handwriting 
that I like to do on my sketches and my signature block.
Stay tuned…. 

Feel free to leave any comments or questions... 

Check back if you're interested 
or join this blog site by signing up on google connect.
( see connect block in left column.)

5 comments:

  1. Great video!! Thank you for being so generous with your talent. You KNOW how much of a fan I am!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we'll thank-you so much Sarah Martin! And I of you. So appreciate your kind comments always…. hugs

      Delete
  2. Loved the video and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you Marina…and thanks for your kind support.

      Delete
  3. Hi Val! Great video! ...almost ran into the art room for my watercolors! Will save this bit of inspiration for when I get back!
    L

    ReplyDelete

My gratitude to you for taking the time to stop by~~~ Feel free to leave some seeds of growth behind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...