Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where I am at today, is where I am supposed to be.

Nothing feeds the center of being 
so much 
as creative work.

~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I've been thinking a lot lately about this process... this artistic journey we are on. 

So I'm jotting down some artistic ramblings today...
(heart thoughts...)

where I am at today, is where I am supposed to be~ 
even though there are so many parts of myself that feel 
like they are being pulled in different directions.

where I am at today is where I am supposed to be~ 
even though, I feel like I am not doing enough to make more happen.

where I am at today is where I am supposed to be~ 
because I know that I am one who believes in "trust"~ 
trust in the process~ 
trust in the ONE who gives me all that I have.

where I am at today is where I am supposed to be~ 
because I know that there is growth happening
because I've always believed that dreams 
are made to be sought after
and
because the soil in the garden has been tended to 
and is rich and dark and fertile.

I am where I am supposed to be...
So a few new pieces and some exciting news...
I made these new designs for a little gift shop 
that has taken me on consignment. 
This is my first consignment venture and 
I am doing a major "happy dance."
It's a beautiful church store in Westlake, California 
with a lovely proprietor.
I created a line of pieces that are Spring like, 
softer in color and can be personalized for Weddings.

St. Maximilian Kolbe Church of Westlake
My pieces are at home in this beautiful place...
and I am where I am supposed to be.

Hanging out with Jennifer and other creatives at STUDIOJRU
Click the link to take a peek at what everyone has been up to this week.
StudioJRU
BTW... next post I've got some shout outs to some lovely creatives, 
their work, and some beautiful gifts... pop back anytime!

10 comments:

  1. ... so happy I stopped by from Jennifer's to read your words ... because the soil in the garden has been tended to and is rich and dark and fertile ... Thanks V for the reminder of the WORK we have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thoughts today Valerie. I know just what you mean. At times I feel I am not doing enough... and must remind myself I am where I am supposed to be. Congratulations on the new venue! What a beautiful place for your beautiful art to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest sweet valerie, your heart thoughts are just so inspiring and i love reading it. Thank you so much for this sweet wonderful reminder of a beautiful sentiment that i am too where i am supposed to be!
    Oh my i am sooo soo excited for you on your consignment venture! A huge COngratz sweet friend!! I am loving all the new pieces that you made...so pretty, sweet and they make my heart sings. :) Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie, these are beautiful thoughts and I know what you mean. This is an exciting journey, and sometimes we have to slow down a little bit as well when life throws a few stones in our path.
    How wonderful for you that you can sell some of your art at this gift shop. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Valerie! I especially like the "grow" plate with the sweet bird. So happy for you to have your art in this shop; hope they sell and are re-ordered soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your thoughts on "where I'm supposed to be." Congrats on putting your items for sale! Your pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Valerie, your thoughts on "process" were just the encouragement I needed today! I often become impatient, just wanting to "arrive" somewhere as a person and as an artist. But it's really all about the journey, isn't it? And thank you for visiting my blog this week and leaving such a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest sweet Valerie, came over to wish you a lovely merry happy weekend! Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to leave a note for "all" of your kindnesses! Each and every one of the words you have all left, are such a gift and I so appreciate and treasure them~ it really makes this blogging experience a most meaningful growing process.

    ReplyDelete

My gratitude to you for taking the time to stop by~~~ Feel free to leave some seeds of growth behind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...