Monday, June 18, 2012

Meet Stephanie Guimond...Artist, visionary, avid left-brainer

Stephanie Guimond 


I'm Stephanie Guimond, artist, visionary and avid left-brainer
I paint, I dream big and I love spreadsheets.
In 2008 I picked up a paint brush for the first time since kindergarten 
and haven't put it down since. My art, like myself, varies in style and personality 
from the vintage girly to the unexplainable abstract.
The most common theme is visibly the feminine, but I'm always exploring...
Working with materials like acrylics, paper, pastels and ink, I'm drawn to 
an intuitive and fluid approach to painting where images appear organically 
before being polished into a finished product.
Because of this intuitive nature, pieces are heavily influenced by what I'm living the week, the day or the moment they are created. They reflect a personal story 
that in an odd way infuses them with a universal quality.
I share my home with hubby and Cassie, our Golden Retriever. 
I left my 9-5 job last fall to try something different, and spend most of my days 
working in my guest bedroom turned office/studio creating art 
and other paid work that supports the life I want to create overall.
I am grateful for the opportunity.
~~~

How did you finally decide on the look of your brand? 
What did the evolution look like?

I don't have a firm or final look for my brand yet. With each evolution of my blog/Website I play around with the look & feel to reach something that feels right and captures what I want to project: a look that's grounded and vibrant where the left and right sides of the brain meet. I do like what I have now look-wise (with a few tweaks). I'm in the process of creating a new Website and tried switching it up with something different; though visually I loved the end result it just didn't feel right so I'll continue with the look I have now at the new URL and see how that sits.


In addition to visual aspects of branding I've been paying attention to the voice I use across social platforms and in person when representing my business, as well as the consistency of my message. My first blog was purely narrative and used to document a key personal transition with no intent to drum up business. Though I still include some personal narrative, today I use my blog to support my business vision and that's narrowed the focus of my writings considerably.


Current projects: a new Website, growing my business with a new left-brain offering called Get Clear, Get Moving (coming soon!),learning to balance it all in my own way


~~~
Social media links:
blog: http://www.creativelivingexperiment.com/
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/strawbalestudio
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StephanieGuimond.Artist.Visionary.LeftBrainer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/s_guimond
Artist profile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTUIcky8uOU
Years in business: less than 1
~~~


For more information on the 101010 Project check out the101010 Website. For a complete list of questions and the women hosting them on their Websites, see below.


(Note: Due to life's unexpected twists & turns, this session of the 101010 Project features eight participants instead of the intended 10.

THE WOMEN, THE QUESTIONS
Laura Otero: #1. Is it necessary for your business to line up with your soul purpose?  What value is there to having that aligned?
Stephanie Guimond: #2. Do you have a business mentor?  What value does that offer to your experiences as a business owner?
Shari Sherman: #3. What animal would represent your first year of business.
Robin Norgren: #4. What business/businesses have you chosen to model your business after?
Dani Keith: #5. At this moment, what one idea do you need to start executing for your business?
Paula Joerling: #6. What part of your business have you delegated or put on hold in order to focus your energy more efficiently?
Valerie Weller: #7. How did you finally decide on the look of your brand?  What did the evolution look like?
Phyllis Dobbs: #8. Who is that one person you would like to sit and talk with about your business? What would you talk about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My gratitude to you for taking the time to stop by~~~ Feel free to leave some seeds of growth behind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...