Monday, May 31, 2010

Infamous... Ice Resin®

I have to tell you, I have been anxiously awaiting the chance to play with my new tool.... IceResin®. After seeing the demo at CHA, and after following  the objectsandelements blog for so long, I felt like it was time to step up and use the real thing. This product is pretty amazing. It is a jewelers grade resin and has a crystal clear clarity when hardened. (Except, if you overwork the product, which I found at the end of one of my pours. One piece has some cloudy specs, and I think they are the striations that occur when the product is open to the air too long, and/or overstirred.) 

I was a little timid with my first run, so I didn't push it too far on the doming- but I feel confident that the product does it beautifully. (Especially after seeing all of the beautiful work on http://objectsandelements.typepad.com). I'm excited and I'm going keep exploring with it. Above is a sneak peek at the pieces I am posting at twig2neststudio.etsy.com.  How blessed we are to be able to create! Loving it!!!


3 comments:

  1. love the heart pendant,... and the little one above is so sweet...

    i've popped over from flying lessons,

    xo Denise

    ReplyDelete

My gratitude to you for taking the time to stop by~~~ Feel free to leave some seeds of growth behind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...