Monday, January 17, 2011

Checklist~ 2011.

I can't believe, we're already halfway through January~2011!

I love the way it feels to begin a New Year.  
And I always welcome making a list of  "n e w   b e g i n n i n g s".

I don't know if it's because the world is still 
spilling over its "j o y"
or if it's because there's that residual feeling 
of people looking inward...
  
 ... It's probably simply the result of "having taken a break" from life's routine.

Needless to say, I always feel inspired and recharged throughout this month. 
I am eager to define what I want to focus on during the coming year... so here's the list.

2011 Word List 
(the top five)

b a l a n c e
(try to achieve it in all areas of daily life) 

f o c u s 
(kind of is the second part of balance) 

c r e a t e   a r t 
(don't let myself get in my way) 

 i   a m  e n o u g h
(with God of course)
    
b e   b r a v e
(oh-yea- the true core of any artist)
 
What are your words?

(ooo- working larger-- scary-- b e  b r a v e)

So here are the actions...my words are represented with images below. 
I am trying to sketch~watercolor~ plan~ record~ journal~ 
ideas, more often and when they emerge.
 
I'm working on transforming these sketches into something very cool 
& mixed media style onto the larger canvases --focus & balance.

 
Doing multiples pieces at one time to see what kind of flow I can get,
a n d... to see if I can commit to painting more regularly.
create art   create art  create art

So what comes first 
 i   a m  e n o u g h
(with God of course)
 or
b e   b r a v e
(oh-yea- the true core of any artist) 

I think it's going to be an adventurous 2011. 
Aren't words encouraging?I think I like them as much as color! 
(And maybe about as much as this book I got over the holidays.)



"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do 
than by the ones you did do. 
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. 
Catch the trade winds in your sails. 

E x p l o r e.   D  r e a m.  D i s c o v e r."
       -Mark Twain
 

4 comments:

  1. Dearest sweet Valerie, i am so in love with this post!! Loving yoru words and it's soo inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing and your painting are gorgeous! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, I love this post and you comment on the CBM blog ... ... and let the seeds root down .. Amen ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful paintings! I'm following you from the CAST team on Etsy. Here's my blog if you want to follow back: http://www.brendashandmade.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maman this is just great! I love the flow and the words but most of all I love your artwork. You're doing so much!

    ReplyDelete

My gratitude to you for taking the time to stop by~~~ Feel free to leave some seeds of growth behind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...