Monday, June 25, 2012

Meet Phyliss Dobbs... Artist & Licensing Savant



As an artist, I create art for licensing on products 
in the textile, gift and home goods industry. 
In textiles, I have designed fabric collections for 7 years. 
I also focus on designing quilt and sewing patterns and 
have written a new built book “Asymmetrical Quilts”.



How did you finally decide on the look of your brand?  
What did the evolution look like?
My brand came naturally for me. First, I am pretty much obsessed with color so in everything I do, vibrant color is key.  And I naturally gravitate toward whimsy. I’ve tried doing more traditional, but when I draw, paint and design, the whimsy comes out.  
The combination of color and whimsy have defined my brand. I’ve had so many people 
tell me that my art makes them smile. That’s a comment that makes me smile and happy with what I do. 

Phyllis is currently working on new art for licensing including a new fabric line 
as well as adding more art to products for her Zazzle store. She also just entered 
into a collaboration with another quilt designer for a quilt related project.


Name of Business
Phyllis Dobbs Art & Design
Started business as - Lucky Duck Designs
~~~  
Years in business - I started my business 28 years ago.
~~~




For more information on the 101010 Project check out the101010 Website. For a complete list of questions and the women hosting them on their Websites, see below.
(Note: Due to life's unexpected twists & turns, this session of the 101010 Project features eight participants instead of the intended 10.

THE WOMEN, THE QUESTIONS
Laura Otero: #1. Is it necessary for your business to line up with your soul purpose?  What value is there to having that aligned?
Stephanie Guimond: #2. Do you have a business mentor?  What value does that offer to your experiences as a business owner?
Shari Sherman: #3. What animal would represent your first year of business.
Robin Norgren: #4. What business/businesses have you chosen to model your business after?
Dani Keith: #5. At this moment, what one idea do you need to start executing for your business?
Paula Joerling: #6. What part of your business have you delegated or put on hold in order to focus your energy more efficiently?
Valerie Weller: #7. How did you finally decide on the look of your brand?  What did the evolution look like?
Phyllis Dobbs: #8. Who is that one person you would like to sit and talk with about your business? What would you talk about?


1 comment:

  1. Dearest sweet val, Phyllis's work is really beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

    ReplyDelete

My gratitude to you for taking the time to stop by~~~ Feel free to leave some seeds of growth behind...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...